Featured in the 35th issue of Insight Magazine, Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Ltd. (GASCO) is one of the largest gas processing companies in the world, employing approximately 3,000 professionals
GASCO’s industrial complex, one of the largest in the United Arab Emirates, is composed of four desert plants – Asab, Bu Hasa, Habshan and Bab and Ruwais – and a pipeline network which process and deliver a range of marketable products like:
- Methane (C1) to industrial customers
- Ethane (C2) to Borouge, a petrochemical production plant in Ruwais
- Propane (C3), butane (C4), paraffinic naphtha (C5+), granulated sulphur and condensate, exported all over the world
After evaluating a number of options, GASCO chose Intergraph SmartPlant Enterprise as a standard to:
- Consolidate three plants into one centralized enterprise system with SmartPlant Foundation and an engineering applications database
- Create a robust SmartPlant Foundation integrated with SmartPlant Enterprise engineering applications infrastructure with high availability
- Standardize on the SmartPlant Enterprise latest release engineering applications
- Unify SmartPlant Foundation schema and SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Instrumentation and Intergraph Smart 3D data dictionaries
- Create a new standard Major Projects/B-13 Automation Plan
- Enable integration between SmartPlant Foundation, Maximo and OpenText ECM
After the migration to SmartPlant Enterprise, GASCO is currently working on optimizing projects and operations workflows to enable smoother decision-making and increase productivity. All existing plant drawings will be converted to SmartPlant Enterprise, providing as-built models of existing assets. SmartPlant Foundation will be integrated with Maximo and OpenText ECM to provide more comprehensive asset life cycle and maintenance management. An increasing number of projects will be brought into the system, with GASCO aiming to achieve fully automated and intelligent plant operations.
To view the full Insight Magazine and read publications click here.