Intergraph® Begins Beta Testing for Smart 3D 2014
Leading engineering and shipbuilding customers to test newest version of world’s first and only next-generation 3D design solution for the plant, offshore, shipbuilding and metals and mining industries03 июня 2013
Intergraph® is consolidating its market-leading, next-generation plant, offshore and material handling design solutions, SmartPlant® 3D, SmartMarine® 3D and SmartPlant 3D Materials Handling Edition, into a single solution called Smart 3D that is slated for commercial release to customers in the process, power, offshore and marine industries later this year. Beta testing for Smart 3D 2014 begins next week with several of Intergraph’s most innovative clients involved, as well as participants in Intergraph’s Agile software development process, as key stakeholders.
The 2014 version of Smart 3D boasts hundreds of user-requested enhancements and several innovative capabilities to further enhance user productivity.
• The consolidation of SmartPlant 3D, SmartMarine 3D and SmartPlant 3D Materials Handling Edition provides Intergraph clients with all-new multi-industry options for their workforce with asingle application. Users will have full access to all Smart 3D capabilities and features with a consistent interface to aid clients in project-workforce flexibility.
• Upgraded Model Data Reuse (MDR) capabilities enable efficient re-use that has never been possible in any other 3D CAD application. Users can reuse FEED or old designs with different catalogs and specifications, by leveraging MDR’s unique rule re-use, tag re-naming and specification interchange. Orthographic drawings are automatically copied and updated for unprecedented man-hour savings.
• Enhanced 3D Interop capabilities enable the use of 3D data from multiple foreign CAD systems in conjunction with native Smart 3D models. Smart 3D is the only system in the world which allows interoperability with both graphics and data attributes of foreign CAD models, making it an ideal solution for revamp and joint venture projects. This capability enables intelligent connections, real-time clash reports, view filtering and combined foreign-native orthographic drawings and reports.
• Extended 3D translation capabilities enable theuse of a single design solution for engineering contractors who are required to deliver in Smart 3D or PDMS formats, including iterative updates. EPCs who take advantage of this will reduce costs by only supporting one 3D solution.
• 64-bit clash detection and further automated drawing generation for higher performance than ever before possible.
The enhancements to Smart 3D 2014 build upon the Smart 3D technology architecture to increase productivity, accelerate projects and give Intergraph’s existing strong customer base a competitive edge.
Saipem Vice President of Information Technology Ugo Salvi said, “Saipem used Smart 3D’s Model Data Reuse capability on the Shah Gas project. The functionality that is unique to Smart 3D allowed us to reuse major portions of plant models to duplicate several units of the projects. This capability not only saves Saipem engineering hours, but it alsoimproves quality since the reused data runs through the same rules engine used for creation and modification of Smart 3D data.”
Randy Pollard, manager of engineering at Bantrel, said, “Model Data Reuse saved significant engineering hours since the replicated data runs through the same rules engine used for the creation and modification, thereby ensuring the integrity of the design.”
Frank Matthewson, engineering manager, Corporate Engineering & Technology, Bechtel, said, “Smart 3D Interop enables us to manage intelligent tie-ins and clashes with external data providing for safer and higher quality design for construction.”
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said, “Intergraph continues to invest heavily in our world-leading 3D solution, and we do it in conjunction with our clients. Having many of our customers involved in the beta testing of Smart 3D 2014 provides them with real-world exposure ahead of the commercial release and ensures that this next-generation solution will meet their safety, quality and productivity needs for many years to come. While other vendors merely give their outdated products a new look and feel, Intergraph invests in breakthrough technology.”
Smart 3D is the world’s first and only next-generation 3D design solution specifically tailored for plant, offshore, shipbuilding and the metals and mining industries, employing a breakthrough engineering approach that leverages real-time concurrent design, rules, relationships and automation. It is the most advanced and productive 3D design solution that effectively enables optimized design, increasing safety, quality and productivity, while shortening project schedules. Companies in these industries typically report a 30 percent improvement in overall engineering design productivity.
For the offshore and marine industries, Smart 3D is endorsed and usedby leading offshore and marine companies globally, including the most productive shipyard, the top offshore owner operator, the top fabrication yard and the top classification society in the world. The specific materials handling capabilities in Smart 3D work in combination with all the other functions. These capabilities were developed with direct engagement and feedback from some of the leading materials handling system design companies around the world, and they are used and endorsed by these industry leaders.
Intergraph Technical User Forums (TUFs) provide an online discussion forum for networking between other users worldwide. To learn more about Smart 3D and other Intergraph user experiences, visitwww.intergraph.com/ppm/customers/tuf/default.aspx.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph as the No. 1 overall worldwide provider of engineering design solutions for industry according to its “Engineering Design Tools for Industry and Infrastructure Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2016.”
Intergraph is the leading global provider of engineering and geospatial software that enables customers to visualize complex data. Businesses and governments in more than 60 countries rely on Intergraph’s industry-specific software to organize vast amounts of data to make processes and infrastructure better, safer and smarter. The company’s software and services empower customers to build and operate more efficient plants and ships, create intelligent maps, and protect critical infrastructure and millions of people around the world.
Intergraph operates through two divisions: Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) and Security, Government & Infrastructure (SG&I). Intergraph PP&M provides enterprise engineering software for the design, construction, operation and data management of plants, ships and offshore facilities. Intergraph SG&I provides geospatially powered solutions, including ERDAS technologies, to the public safety and security, defense and intelligence, government, transportation, photogrammetry, and utilities and communications industries. Intergraph Government Solutions (IGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intergraph Corporation responsible for the SG&I U.S. federal business.
Intergraph is part of Hexagon (Nordic exchange: HEXA B), a leading global provider of design, measurement, and visualization technologies that enable customers to design, measure and position objects, and process and present data.
For more information, visit www.intergraph.com.
© 2013 Intergraph Corporation. All rights reserved. Intergraph is part of Hexagon. Intergraph and the Intergraph logo are registered trademarks of Intergraph Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.