Hexagon Presents Customer Awards to Six Champions of Innovation and Progress
Hexagon Elite Award winners announced during HxGN LIVE evolve720 virtual event22 June 2021
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Hexagon’s PPM division, the leading global provider of engineering software for the design, construction and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities, today announced the winners of the inaugural Hexagon Elite Awards, the new version of its customer competition recognizing creative uses of Hexagon solutions.
For nearly two decades, Hexagon presented customers with the annual Golden Valve, Platinum Pipe and Drivers of Success awards to recognize their creative use of Hexagon engineering and design software offerings. To broaden the scope of submissions and encourage customers across all segments to participate, those previous awards have been retired, and this year’s Hexagon Elite awards feature six unique categories.
With one overall winner for each category, the revamped awards truly recognize the most elite customers who are champions of innovation and progress using Hexagon solutions.
Hexagon is proud to announce the recipients of the 2021 Hexagon Elite Awards:
Best in Design
- Winner: William Fronheiser, Principal Structural Designer
- Company: Linde
- Submission: Hydrogen Plant (H4-5)
Best in Automation
- Winner: Yuan Gao, Chief Engineer
- Company: CNOOC Petrochemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Submission: Automatic Pipe Support Design Software
Best in Analysis
- Winner: Sankardoss Natarajan, Engineering Manager
- Company: L&T Construction
- Submission: SP02 Package – Construction of pump house for slurry pipeline system including of PD Pumps and associated facilities
Best in Operations
- Winner: Anderson Oliveira da Rocha, Information Technology Consultant
- Company: Petrobras
- Submission: Digital Twin for Topside Integrity Management
Best in Project Performance
- Winner: Brian Gannon, Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Company: Harvard University
- Submission: How EcoSys Solved Our Builder’s Risk Insurance Problem
Best in Procurement, Fabrication & Construction
- Winner: Kleber Moreira, Specialist Engineering - Capital Projects Directory
- Company: Vale
- Submission: Implementation of the Magnetic Concentration Process at the Carajás Plant 1
“The consolidation of our traditional categories and the addition of others, like Best in Project Performance and Best in Operations, allowed us to expand this opportunity to customers working in multiple stages of a project lifecycle while still awarding the most innovative uses of Hexagon technology,” said David Cryer, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Hexagon’s PPM division. “We were very pleased to receive almost 80 entries this year. We saw some outstanding uses of our software; our customers definitely did not make it easy for our judges to select just one winner in each category.”
Winners were announced during the HxGN LIVE evolve720 opening keynote, presented by Mattias Stenberg, President, Hexagon’s PPM division. To register for Day 2 of the event or download today’s on-demand sessions and keynote, please visit events.hexagon.com/evolve720.
Submissions for the 2022 Hexagon Elite Awards will be accepted beginning Sept. 1, 2021.
Hexagon has a bold vision for an autonomous future where business, industry and humanity sustainably thrive. Click here to learn more about how Hexagon is focused on making industries autonomous.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s PPM division empowers its clients to transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle.
© 2021 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.