SPF 2019 Basic Authoring and Administration (TSPE4500E)
25 May, 09:00 AM - 29 May, 16:00 PM
This introductory administration course for SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) is the introduction of Process, Power, and Marine processes introducing an administrator to the concepts and functionality available in the SPF product. The class includes a two day tour of the Desktop Client, product version 2014R1 (05.01.00.0018), including basic end user functionality, such as creating new objects, searching and navigation, concurrent engineering and other object manipulations. The remaining three days of the class covers the basics of System Administration, including the security model, configuring file storage (vaults), Workflows, Transmittals, and Site Creation setup and configuration.
- Overview of the Desktop Client
- Create document, Attach electronic files
- File Viewing and Mark-Up
- Document Management
- Find, Query and FTR search
- Navigation, Hot Spotting using SmartPlant Markup
- Create Ad Hoc reports and Saved Queries
- Workflow and Transmittal processes
- Security Model
- Plants and Projects as related to Concurrent Engineering
- Hosts and Vaults
- Printer configuration for Batch printing
- SmartPlant license management
- Web Portal web pages
- Progress model for time sensitive documents
- SmartPlant Foundation Installation and Configuration
- Creating a Plant Breakdown Structure (PBS)
- Class attendees should be familiar with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and have knowledge of database administration (i.e., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server).
Note. We aim to provide courses on the dates advertised. At the course registration cut-off date, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the course if minimum registered attendee requirements have not been met. We also reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the course in any circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please let us know.
Further note that not all courses may be available in all regions, and due to currency differences, advertised pricing may vary around the world. Prices are subject to change at any time.