Transition from PDS to Intergraph Smart 3D or CADWorx
Switching plant design solutions does not have to be a daunting task!
With project execution ever changing, the legacy PDS® solution that worked perfectly several years ago now needs to be upgraded to a modern design solution.
To enable a smooth transition, Hexagon PPM has developed supporting 3D model data import and migration tools together with consulting services to facilitate the conversion of model data.
Reasons to make the switch:
- Automatic creation of deliverables
- Increased productivity and design quality
- Interoperability with other solutions
- Modern, next-generation design environment
- Powerful and intuitive levels of automation
- Strong rule and relationship-based architecture
Hear from others who have already made the switch:
“After a smooth transition, we have realized many benefits from using Smart 3D on our projects, especially with global work-share projects. Smart 3D has increased our productivity, and we took advantage of the automation and rule-driven designs and saw improvement in the quality of work.” – Linde
“The use of CADWorx & Analysis tools reduced engineering work by approximately 30 percent, and engineering software cost by approximately 60 percent compared to similar previous projects.” - STI Engineering
“By selecting Intergraph Smart 3D, we were able to easily convert our existing PDS models to the native format of this new system while enabling the as-built capability to reflect the current status of the plant.” -- Markku Eerikainen, Project Supervisor, Neste Oil
“Transitioning from PDS to CADWorx Plant Professional is providing KEYNES with greater design flexibility and interoperability, satisfying our clients and our own engineering teams.” -- Christian Hennisge, CIE Lead Administrator, KEYNES
- Upgrade pricing available
- FREE one-year virtual training licenses
- Assistance with moving pipe specifications and models with Intergraph Smart® Interop Publisher