Intergraph® Presents 2015 Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards During HxGN LIVE
Amec Foster Wheeler wins ‘Best of Show’ award during 15th annual competition; CB&I, Empresarios Agrupados and Toyo Engineering take home Platinum Pipe honors04 6월 2015
Amec Foster Wheeler, a British multinational consultancy, engineering and project management company headquartered in London, received the “Best of Show” award this week during the 15th annual Golden Valve Awards customer competition sponsored by Intergraph®.
The sixth annual Platinum Pipe Awards recognized the most innovative automation ideas and implementations for SmartPlant® P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical and SmartPlant Instrumentation (known as SmartPlant Engineering & Schematics); Intergraph Smart™ 3D; and SmartPlant Review.
Submissions by CB&I (United States), Empresarios Agrupados (Spain) and Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) received first-place recognition in the Engineering & Schematics, Smart 3D and SmartPlant Review categories, respectively.
The Golden Valve Awards annually recognize the most innovative and well-executed uses of Intergraph PP&M solutions. The competition is open to all users of Intergraph's market-leading engineering design software and the subject matter must relate to the process, power, offshore, shipbuilding or mining industries.
The awards were presented in conjunction with HxGN LIVE, the annual international user conference for Intergraph Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) and Hexagon’s other brands.
The “Best of Show” entry by Tyler Enright of Amec Foster Wheeler depicts a night scene rendering detailing a pipe rack on a major Alberta oil sands project. It was produced using the latest version of Intergraph SmartPlant® Review, the problem-solving 3D visualization tool that provides a complete visualization environment for interactively reviewing and analyzing large, complex 3D models of process and power plants, and is used by many companies globally.
Enright received a cash award of US$1,500, a plaque featuring the winningimage and his “Best of Show” submission will grace the cover of the 2016 Golden Valve calendar.
The 2015 Golden Valve recipients are:
Best of Show
- Tyler Enright, Amec Foster Wheeler, Oil & Gas Canada (Canada)
Judges’ Choice: Offshore
- Engineering Team, Keppel Fels Baltech (Bulgaria)
Judges’ Choice: Engineering & Construction
- William M. Fronheiser, Linde Engineering North America, Inc. (United States)
Judges’ Choice: Power
- 3D R&D Center, SNERDI (China)
- 1st – ECM Engineering Team, ECM S.A. Projetos Industriais (Brazil)
- 1st –ECM Engineering Team, ECM S.A. Projetos Industriais (Brazil)
- 2nd – LTEM Piping & Plant Engineering Team, Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering, Mumbai (India)
- 3rd – Chen Mengyao, Sinopec Ningbo Engineering Company Limited (China)
- 1st – Integration Engineering Department, Sinopec Petroleum Engineering Corporation (China)
- 2nd – 3D Design System Division, PT Rekayasa Industri (Indonesia)
- 3rd – Process & Industrial, Burns & McDonnell (United States)
- Honorable mention – Kandarp Shah, L&T-Chiyoda Limited (India)
Category: Visually Complex
- 1st – MiJeong Kim, Samsung Heavy Industries (Korea)
- 2nd – PGESCo (Egypt)
- 3rd – Sanjaykumar Sarvaiya, Linde Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Honorable mention – Tyler Enright, Amec Foster Wheeler, Oil & Gas (Canada)
The 2015 Platinum Pipe recipients are:
Category: Engineering and Schematics
- 1st – Shawn Hillen, CB&I (United States)
- 2nd – Tetsuya Miwa, Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan)
- 3rd – PMM Project, Empresarios Agrupados (Spain)
Category: Smart 3D
- 1st – PMM Project, Empresarios Agrupados (Spain)
- 2nd – Caspar Arevad , Ramboll (Denmark)
- 3rd – ECM Engineering Team, ECM S.A. Projetos Industriais
Category: SmartPlant Review
- 1st – Tetsuya Miwa, ToyoEngineering Corporation (Japan)
- 2nd – Sherif Mokhtar ElGanady, PGESCo (Egypt)
Gerhard Sallinger, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine president, said, “The Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards are truly a global competition, as we again received entries from all around the world. We had approximately 100 inspiring submissions this year from customers who are using our market-leading solutions to increase their safety, qualityand productivity.”
All place winners receive a monetary award for their efforts (or have the money donated to charity) and will have their work displayed on Intergraph’s website, www.intergraph.com, and in the division’s Insight magazine. Golden Valve winners will be featured on the 2016 Intergraph Process, Power & Marine wall calendar.
To view this year's Golden Valve winning entries, please visit www.intergraph.com/ppm/customers/awards/goldenvalve/2015.
To view this year’s Platinum Pipe winning entries, please visit www.intergraph.com/ppm/customers/awards/platinumpipe/2015.
Intergraph Technical User Forum (TUF) LinkedIn groups provide an online discussion forum for year-roundnetworking between users. To learn more about Intergraph solutions and network with other Intergraph users, visit www.intergraph.com/go/tuf.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph as the No. 1 overall worldwide provider of engineering solutions for plant design (process, power and marine), according to its “Engineering Design Tools for Plants and Infrastructure Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2018.”
Intergraph helps the world work smarter. The company’s software and solutions improve the lives of millions of people through better facilities, safer communities and more reliable operations.
Intergraph Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) is the world’s leading provider of enterprise engineering software enabling smarter design and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities. Intergraph Security, Government & Infrastructure (SG&I) is the leader in smart solutions for emergency response, utilities, transportation and other global challenges. For more information, visit www.intergraph.com.
Intergraph is part of Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
© 2015 Intergraph Corporation. All rights reserved. Intergraph is part of Hexagon. Intergraph and the Intergraph logo are registered trademarks of Intergraph Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.