Hexagon PPM Honors Recipients of 2017 Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards at HxGN LIVE Ceremony
Entries from China, Japan, and United Kingdom recognized for most innovative and well-executed uses of PPM solutions14 6월 2017
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Hexagon PPM, part of Hexagon and the world’s leading provider of enterprise engineering software for the design, construction, and operation of plants, ships and offshore facilities, today presented its annual Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards during a ceremony at Hexagon’s annual conference, HxGN LIVE at The Venetian hotel.
The Golden Valve Awards recognize the most innovative uses and best executions of Hexagon PPM solutions. The competition is open to all users of Hexagon PPM’s market-leading engineering design software and the subject matter must relate to the process, power, offshore, shipbuilding, or mining industries.
The Intergraph SmartPlant® Software Developing Team from Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Co. Sinopec of China received the coveted “Best of Show” prize in the 17th annual Golden Valve Awards customer competition. The winning entry was created using Intergraph Smart® 3D and SmartPlant Review and depicts a DHT Heater and Tower for a Kuwaiti refinery project.
The Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Co. Sinopec team will receive a monetary prize, a plaque featuring the winning image, and its “Best of Show” submission will grace the cover of the 2018 Golden Valve wall calendar from Hexagon PPM.
The eighth annual Platinum Pipe Awards recognize the most innovative automation ideas and implementations for Hexagon PPM’s Design and Visualization solutions, which include Intergraph SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical, SmartPlant Instrumentation, Smart 3D, and SmartPlant Review. Entries from Amec Foster Wheeler (U.K.), China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China), and Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) received first-place awards in the Engineering & Schematics, Smart 3D, and SmartPlant Review categories, respectively.
The 2017 Golden Valve recipients are:
Best of Show
- SmartPlant Software Developing Team, Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Co. Sinopec (China)
Judges' Choice: Offshore
- Yan Jun, Wang Yu, Nie Xuejun, Li Xuan, Wu Guoqing, Chinese Institute of Marine & Offshore Engineering HB. Co., Ltd. (China)
- Jose Canchica, inelectra S.A.C.A. (Venezuela)
- 1st – Ji Youn Park, Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. (Korea)
- 1st – Shrirang Vedanti, Linde Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- 2nd – Sherif ElGanady, PGESCo (Egypt)
- 3rd – Wang Zhe, Sinopec Petroleum Engineering Corporation (China)
- Honorable mention – Intergraph Smart 3D Application Team, East China Engineering Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- 1st – Xu Jian and Li Meng Shun, China Sinogy Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. (China)
- 2nd – William M. Fronheiser, Selas Linde North America (U.S.)
- 3rd – Engineering Information Management Team, Santos (Australia)
- Honorable mention – William M. Fronheiser, Selas Linde North America (U.S.); Chen Mengyao, Sinopec Ningbo Engineering Company Limited (China)
Category: Visually Complex
- 1st – SmartPlant Software Developing Team, China Huanqiu Contracting & Engineering Co. (China)
- 2nd – Ju Yeong Im, Samsung Heavy Industries (Korea)
- 3rd – Sanjaykumar Sarvaiya, Linde Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Honorable mention – Sang Hun Rim and Ok Gil Park, Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd. (Korea); Plant EPC Systems Team, SK Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd. (Korea)
The 2017 Platinum Pipe recipients are:
Category: Engineering & Schematics
- 1st – Jorge Enrique Choy Perni, Amec Foster Wheeler (U.K.)
- 2nd – Predrag Vasic, Fluor Canada Ltd. (Canada)
- 3rd – Brian Petty, Burns & McDonnell (U.S.)
- Honorable mention – He Senlin, Hangzhou Turning Energy Technology Development Co., Ltd. (China); Urszula Mika, Shell (Canada)
Category: Intergraph Smart 3D
- 1st – Cui Dongzi and Wang Peng, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China)
- 2nd – Hosik Ji, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (Korea)
- 3rd – Fu Guolei and Ouyang Shuai, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation (China)
- Honorable mention - Kevin Dmonte, Amec Foster Wheeler (U.K.)
Category: SmartPlant Review
- 1st – Tetsuya Miwa, Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan)
- 2nd – Surface Systems Engineering, Petrobras (Brazil)
- 3rd – Kevin Dmonte, Amec Foster Wheeler (U.K.)
- Honorable mention – 3D R&D Center, SNERDI (China)
Mattias Stenberg, Hexagon PPM president, said, “It’s truly amazing to see the designs and animations our customers can create with PPM software. It’s an honor to recognize all the winners of this year’s Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards.”
All place winners receive a monetary award for their entries (or have charitable donations made) and will have their work recognized on the Hexagon PPM website and in the division’s Insight magazine. Golden Valve award winners will be featured on the 2018 Intergraph wall calendar.
Please visit hexagonppm.com/customer-awards to view the winning entries in the 2017 Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe competitions.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Hexagon PPM as the No. 1 overall worldwide provider of engineering solutions for plant design (process, power and marine), according to its “Engineering Design Tools for Plants & Infrastructure Global Market Research Study Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2020.”
About Hexagon PPM
Hexagon PPM is the world’s leading provider of enterprise engineering design software and project control solutions. By transforming unstructured information into a smart digital asset, our clients are empowered to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire life cycle.
PPM is part of Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B; hexagon.com), a leading global provider of information technology solutions that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial landscapes.
© 2017 Intergraph Corporation d/b/a Hexagon PPM. Hexagon PPM is part of Hexagon. All rights reserved. Hexagon PPM and the Hexagon PPM logo are trademarks of Hexagon or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries.