Hexagon Presents Annual Customer Awards During Inaugural ‘Applauding Aces’ Ceremony at HxGN LIVE
Golden Valve, Platinum Pipe and Drivers of Success Award recipients honored for most innovative uses of PPM solutions13 6월 2018
Hexagon’s PPM division, the world’s leading provider of asset lifecycle solutions for design, construction and operation of industrial facilities, tonight presented its annual Golden Valve, Platinum Pipe and Drivers of Success awards during the inaugural “Applauding Aces” ceremony at HxGN LIVE, Hexagon’s premier cross-industry technology conference in Las Vegas.
The 18th annual Golden Valve Awards recognized the most innovative and well-executed uses of software supported by Hexagon and the subject matter must relate to the process, power, offshore, shipbuilding or mining industries.
William M. Fronheiser of Selas Linde North America, United States, was awarded the prestigious “Best of Show” prize during the ceremony. His winning image was created using Intergraph Smart® 3D, SmartSketch® and SmartPlant® Review and depicts a hydrogen plant with process piping and equipment with cable trays and pipe rack.
Fronheiser received US$1,500 and complimentary registration for HxGN LIVE, a plaque featuring the winning image and his “Best of Show” submission will grace the cover of the 2019 Golden Valve wall calendar from Hexagon.
Recipients of the ninth annual Platinum Pipe Awards were honored for their innovative automation ideas and implementations of Hexagon PPM’s Design and Visualization solutions: SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical, SmartPlant Instrumentation, Smart 3D and SmartPlant Review.
Entries from Wood (United Kingdom), Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (China) and Surface Systems Engineering (Brazil) claimed first-placeawards in the SmartPlant Review, Smart 3D and Engineering & Schematics categories, respectively.
Winners of the 2018 Golden Valve Awards were:
Best of Show
• William M. Fronheiser, Selas Linde North America, USA
Judges’ Choice: Offshore
• Wang Zhe, Sinopec Petroleum Engineering Corporation, China
Judges’ Choice: Shipbuilding
• DoHyun Kim, Samsung Heavy Industries, Korea
• 1st – 3D Design System, Rekayasa Industri, Indonesia
• Honorable mention – Jiangbo, China Blue Star Changsha Design and Research Institute, China
• 1st – Ilham Ramadhan, PT. Rekayasa Industri, Indonesia
• 2nd – Sudheer Velicheti, Linde Engineering India Pvt., Ltd., India
• 3rd – Huang Chen, East China Engineering Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (ECEC), China
• Honorable mention – Zhang He, ACRE Coking 7 Refractory Engineering Consulting Corporation, China; Niexuejun, Chinese Institute of Marine& Offshore Engineering HB. Co., Ltd., China
• 1st – Huang Chen, East China Engineering Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (ECEC), China
• 2nd – Mike Paschke, Linde Engineering Dresden, Germany
• 3rd – Fandy Maulana Syah Rizal, PT. Rekayasa Industri, Indonesia
• Honorable mention – Gao Dazhai, Hualu Engineering &Technology Co., Ltd., China; Information Management & Technology Team 2, SK Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd, Korea; Liuhaijun, Xindi Energy Engineering Technology Co., Ltd., China
Category: Visually Complex
• 1st – Yana Septiana, PT. Rekayasa Industri, Indonesia
• 2nd – Rendering and Physical Modeling Group, PGESCo, Egypt
• 3rd – Sudheer Velicheti, Linde Engineering India Pvt., Ltd., India
• Honorable mention – SmartPlant Software Developing Team, Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Corporation/SINOPEC, China; Chen Wei, Wison Engineering Ltd., China
Winners of the 2018 Platinum Pipe Awards were:
Category: SmartPlant Review
• 1st – Kevin Dmonte, Wood, U.K.
• 2nd – Sherif El Ganady, PGESCo, Egypt
• 3rd – Youzhen Zhou, Hangzhou Turning Energy Technology Development Co., Ltd., China
Category: Intergraph Smart 3D
• 1st – Siyuan, Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., China
• 2nd – Hyeongsoo Jeon, Samsung Heavy Industries, Korea
• 3rd – Liu, weisheng, Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., China
• Honorable mention – WangPeng, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation, China; Nie Xuejun, Chinese Institute of Marine & Offshore Engineering HB. Co., Ltd., China; Shen Jie, Shanghai Nuclear Engineering Research & Design Institute Co. Ltd., China
Category: Engineering & Schematics
• 1st – Surface Systems Engineering, Petrobras, Brazil
• 2nd – Zhou Feng, China Tianchen Engineering Corporation, China
• 3rd – Predrag Vasic, Fluor Canada Ltd., Canada
• Honorable mention – Santosh K. Zope, Jacobs Chile S.A., Chile
All Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe winners receive a monetary award for their entries (or have charitable donations made in their name) and will have their work recognized on the division website and in the division’s Insight magazine. Golden Valve award winners will be featured in the 2019 Hexagon wall calendar as well.
Please visit hexagonppm.com/customer-awards to view the winning entries in the 2018 Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe competitions.
The annual Drivers of Success competition recognizes impressive project results and significant benefits from collaboration among disciplines and the innovative application of CADWorx® & Analysis Solutions products.
The 2018 Drivers of Success recipients were:
• CADWorx: 1st – Techint Engineering & Construction, India; Runners-up – Tata Chemicals Ltd., India, and Sinopec Petroleum Engineering Zhongyuan Corp., China
• CAESAR II®: 1st – Rishabh Engineering, a Division of Rishabh Software, India; Runners-up – Lloyd’s Register Asia, India, and Rishabh Engineering, a Division of RishabhSoftware, India
• GT STRUDL®: 1st – Oriciclon Engenharia Ltda., Brazil
• PV Elite®: 1st – WorleyParsons, Qatar; Runner-up, Daqing Petrochemical Engineering Co., China
The winning entry for each product in the Drivers of Success competition receives a complimentary conference fee, hotel accommodations and round-trip travel to HxGN LIVE in Las Vegas. Visit www.coade.com/Success-Stories/DOS.shtml to view the 2018 Drivers of Success winning entries and project images.
Also presented during the ceremony was the Intergraph Smart Construction Excellence Award, which went to Insight-AWP.
About Hexagon’s PPM Division
Hexagon’s PPM division is the world’s leading provider of asset lifecycle solutions for design, construction, and operation of industrial facilities. By transforming unstructured information into a smart digital asset, our clients are empowered to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation.
Hexagon is a global leader in digital solutions that create Autonomous Connected Ecosystems (ACE). Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 18,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.5bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB.
© 2018 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.