Espoo, Finland - Hexagon PPM, c/o Intergraph Finland
03 October, 09:00 AM - 05 October, 05:00 PM
This course is for engineers/analysts who carry out pressure vessel design to satisfy design code requirements. The class includes a basic introduction to the software (interface, simple data input, editing, etc.) and then develops further skills by using PV Elite® software to design a number of pressure vessel configurations to various codes. It also covers other topics which should prove useful for the pressure vessel engineer in addition to output interpretation and the production of deliverables.
- Toolbars, configuration, units, design parameters, model building basics
- Material database
- Simple component design
- Tall tower and horizontal vessel to ASME VIII Division 1
- Code comparisons (ASME VIII, PD 5500 and EN 13445)
- Designing an EN 13445 vessel
- Converting models from ASME VIII to EN
- Legs and lugs and other component designs
- Fitness of purpose (API 579)
- Vessel design – other general capabilities
- Heat exchanger designs (fixed, submerged floating head and U tube)
Delegates should have an understanding of mechanical engineering theory and principles. Qualifications would typically be a degree or HNC/HND in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or relevant experience.
Please e-mail to inquire or reserve your place, quoting the above reference number.