Oslo, Norway - Hexagon PPM, c/o Intergraph Norway
27 November, 08:00 AM - 01 December, 04:00 PM
What will the course cover?This course is for engineers/analysts who carry out Static stress analysis on piping systems. The class includes a basic introduction to the software (interface, simple data input, editing etc. and then goes on to develop further skills by using CAESAR II® software to resolve typical everyday piping problems. It also covers design code stresses, output interpretation and creating reports amongst many other subjects.
What are the major topics covered?
Days 1 to 3 (Monday – Wednesday)
- Introduction (interface, units creation, how CAESAR II works, etc.)
- Piping code basics, theory and development (failure theories, code equations….)
- Data input methods
- Load based piping design, supporting for deadweight
- Expansion stresses and resolving system stress/flexibility issues
- Equipment load compliance (incorporating System Re-Design, Structural Steel, Variable Spring Supports, Expansion Joints, Nozzle Flexibilities, Local Stresses, API 610 Pumps, Load Case Set-up….)
- Deliverables including custom reports, output filters, isometric creation…
- Combining models
Days 4 and 5 (Thursday – Friday)
- Modelling and analysis of jacketed riser (incorporating jacketed pipe and ‘spider’ supports, wave loading, wind loading, modelling using block lists…..)
- Modelling and analysis of FRP Piping System (incorporating FRP material set-up, creating new materials, theory of FRP analysis, static-seismic loads……)
- Analysis documentation and workshop* (incorporating model generation, system evaluation and re-design in a ‘do-it-yourself’ session
- Depending on class attendance mode, may be switched to Wednesday
- 5 days course
What are the prerequisites for attending this course?
- Delegates should have an appreciation for Mechanical Engineering theory and principles. Qualifications would typically be a Degree or HNC/HND in Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering or relevant experience.
- Please email to enquire or book your place, quoting the above reference number.