Bureau ESG, an information technologies systems integration company, set a goal to create and implement a 3D model and document visualization system based on Intergraph® SmartPlant® Review and CAXperts Review Manager applications.
The main goal of the project was to create a 3D model visualization prototype which would enable:
- Access to 3D models and documents, including remote corporate access
- The conversion of data from different formats
- Projection of 3D models to surface
- Definition of collisions
- Design annotation and transfer to designers
- Visualization of construction stages
- Photorealistic rendering and creation of presentation materials.
In less than six months Bureau ESG was able to:
- Create a working group to work with the system
- Train twenty refinery employees to work with Intergraph products
- Set up SmartPlant Review and CAXPerts Review Manager applications within the first stage of system implementation
- Set up the process of data migration from the design institute to the plant and back
As a result, a data migration model was created, which is now working on a daily basis. After six months of use, it was possible to reduce the number of collisions, which affected the speed of the construction work and improved the quality of objects built.
You can read the whole case study here.