NEFTEKHIMPROEKT also employs SmartPlant P&ID technology to create piping and instrumentation diagrams for their plants. SmartPlant P&ID was chosen to develop and manage the P&IDs focusing on the plant asset. The software exercises rules and connectivity checks to speed the entire engineering process, helping the company save money without compromising design quality or integrity. NEFTEKHIMPROEKT was looking for a 3D design software for industrial units with the capabilities for:
- Viscosity breaking
- Catalytic cracking
- Catalytic reforming
The 3D models as well as the piping and instrumentation were created with Intergraph Process, Power & Marine solutions. This made it possible to create plant schemes for the following industrial units:
- JSC Slavneft – YANOS - viscosity breaking, hydrocracking units, catalytic reforming complex, atmospheric residue vacuum distillation section, crude oil tanks complex.
- Mozyr Oil Refinery - catalytic cracking complex; benzene concentrate recovery unit, extractive distillation.
- JSC RussNeft - crude oil loading terminal.
- JSC LUKOIL – Nizhegorodnefteorgsintez, viscosity breaking unit within oil deep conversion complex.
The benefits provided by SmartPlant 3D include:
- Browsing of 3D models of units at the design stage, reducing the risk of errors before the construction stage started.
- Increased consistency and accuracy of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Improved communication between project teams due to easy access to structured data.
- Enhanced operational safety due to more accessible and better integrated data.
- Reduced risk of errors during construction.
- Better quality of produced goods due to enhanced plant unit design according to industrial requirements.
NEFTEKHIMPROEKT became the first company, delivering design for petrochemical industry in Russia, to use next generation methods of 3D design. The cooperation with Intergraph enabled NEFTEKHIMPROEKT to produce higher quality deliverables and demonstrated the benefits of using a modern technology platform.
Victor Smirnov, CEO of NEFTEKHIMPROEKT, said, "We have been working with Intergraph for almost 20 years. The ease of documentation generation, lowered error risk before the construction stage, and high reliability are the key reasons why we have chosen Intergraph as our main solutions provider, and why we intend to keep using Intergraph solutions in the future."