Laser scanning technology is a well-accepted, proven method to capture existing assets in a quick and cost-effective way.
Download this white paper, "Improving Asset Value Through Laser Scanning," to learn how CloudWorx for Intergraph Smart 3D connects to the point cloud and enables you to make the hybrid between the existing plant and the newly modeled parts.
Many companies use laser scanning to efficiently and accurately capture brownfield project data. The laser scan, in the form of a point cloud, is then used within Intergraph Smart 3D to:
• Get accurate tie-in locations
• Avoid clashes with existing items when creating new plant designs
• Enable the 3D designer to visualize space requirements
• Build accurate 3D models where none exist
• Check existing 3D models, for accuracy and completeness
Hexagon PPM supplies CloudWorx as an 'add-on' to Smart 3D which will read a laser scan point cloud and display it to the designer in the 3D environment. CloudWorx also contains tools for point cloud visualization, automated pipe routing, server-based interference checking and modelling with the point clouds as reference.