Announced on Tuesday, June 14 in sunny Anaheim, California, Intergraph PP&M recognized the standout recipients of the Golden Valve and Platinum Pipe Awards.
2016 Golden Valve Winners
The Golden Valve Awards recognize the most innovative and well-executed uses of software supported by Intergraph® Process, Power & Marine.
Pictured above, the "Best of Show" entry by Tyler Enright of Amec Foster Wheeler depicts a night scene rendering detailing a pipe rack on a major Alberta oil sands project. It was produced using the latest version of Intergraph SmartPlant® Review, the problem-solving 3D visualization tool that provides a complete visualization environment for interactively reviewing and analyzing large, complex 3D models of process and power plants, and is used by many companies globally.
Best of Show
- Engineering Team, Keppel FELS Baltech, KEPPEL FELS BALTECH LTD.
Judges' Choice: Offshore
- Wang Zhe, SINOPEC PETROLEUM ENGINEERING CORPORATION
Judges' Choice: Power
- Tapio Laakso, ÅF – CONSULT LTD / ELETRONUCLEAR
- 1st Place – Myung Su, Han & Ji Yeon, Park, HYUNDAI ENGINEERING
- 1st Place – Prashant Bharadia, L&T-CHIYODA LIMITED
- 1st Place – Miguel David Gómez, CERREY, S.A. DE C.V.
Category: Visually Complex
- 1st Place – Tapio Laakso, ÅF – CONSULT LTD. / ELETRONUCLEAR
To view a complete list winners and their winning images, please visit the Golden Valve 2016 Winners page.
2016 Platinum Pipe Winners
The Platinum Pipe Awards recognize the most innovative automation ideas for Intergraph Smart™ 3D, SmartPlant® Review, SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical, and SmartPlant Instrumentation.
Engineering & Schematics
- 1st Place - Brian Petty of Burns & McDonnell
- 2nd Place - Mohamed Ahmed Ghoneim of Power Generation Engineering and Services Company (PGESCo)
- 3rd Place - Integrated Engineering of China Tianchen Engineering Corporation
- Judges' Choice - Shawn Hillen of CB&I
Intergraph Smart 3D
- 1st Place - MengYong of China Tianchen Engineering Corporation
- 2nd Place - Tetsuya Miwa of Toyo Engineering Corporation
- 3rd Place - PROYECTO PMM of Empresarios Agrupados
- Judges' Choice - Myung-Su Han of Hyundai Engineering
- 1st Place - Kevin Dmonte of Amec Foster Wheeler Group Limited
- 2nd Place - Harshil Jobanputra of Linde Engineering India Pvt. Ltd.
- 3rd Place - Tetsuya Miwa of Toyo Engineering Corporation
See the Platinum Pipe Winners Animations here.