YOKOHAMA, Japan, September 29, 2016
Intergraph® Process, Power & Marine (PP&M), part of Hexagon and the world’s leading provider of engineering and productivity solutions to the process, power and marine industries, has concluded its annual Japan 2016 Conference – one of the leading learning and networking events for the oil, gas, power and marine industries held September 8-9 in Yokohama.
With a theme of “Learn. Grow. Connect.”, the event provided owner operators, engineering, procurement and construction companies (EPCs) and fabricators in Japan with an opportunity to connect with industry experts, learn about the latest engineering and technological innovations and leverage best practices from other companies.
Some of the highlights of the Intergraph PP&M Japan 2016 Conference included:
- Keynote sessions hosted by visiting Intergraph PP&M executives, which explored topics related to technological and business innovations in the oil, gas, power and marine industries. Many of these sessions were presented at the HxGN LIVE 2016 global conference in Anaheim, California, in June and offered attendees in Japan the opportunity to leverage the same knowledge and learnings as their international peers.
- Presentations by leading owner operators, EPCs and third-party organizations – including Linde, Kyushu University, TAIYO NIPPON SANSO Corporation, JGC Corporation, Chiyoda Corporation, TAKADA Corporation, DAI-ICHI High Frequency Co. Ltd, and Mizuho Sekkei Co. Ltd – that are already using Intergraph PP&M’s innovative solutions to drive productivity in their projects in Japan.
- More than 15 standalone learning sessions covering topics such as the cloud; enterprise information management; engineering and schematics; 3D engineering, visualization and analysis; and procurement, fabrication and construction, presented by Intergraph PP&M’s local and visiting product experts.
- A glimpse into the future of augmented reality with PP&M modeling software and Microsoft HoloLens enabling users to interact and collaborate using high-definition holograms to immerse themselves in the inner workings of their work sites digitally.
- Hands-on sessions and presentation by E&S University focusing on core Intergraph solutions including Intergraph Smart™ 3D, SmartPlant® P&ID and the new release of SmartPlant Review captivated attendees.
Franz Kufner, executive vice president of Intergraph PP&M Asia-Pacific, said, “This is a demanding time for operators, engineering companies and fabricators in Asia, and we are seeing an increasing number of Japanese companies play a major role in the industry. We are delighted the Intergraph PP&M Japan 2016 Conference provided more than 600 attendees with best practices and actionable strategies over two days to build their technical skills and industry knowledge, as well as network with their peers – all critical elements to ensure the future of our industry.
“The conference is one of the largest and best-attended industry events in the country, validating our commitment to helping our customers maximize the value of their technology investments. The solutions presented and insights delivered resonated well with the interests and priorities of the Japanese market.”
For more information on the conference, visit http://intergraphusersconference.com/apac-japan/.
Intergraph PP&M is the leading global provider of innovative solutions specifically tailored to the needs of the oil, gas, power and marine industries. The company has worked with both owner operators and EPCs for more than 30 years to develop innovative solutions that address real work processes, helping to drive productivity, safety and profitability across the entire asset life cycle.
Intergraph Technical User Forum (TUF) LinkedIn groups provide an online discussion forum for year-round networking between users. To learn more about Intergraph solutions and network with other Intergraph users, visit ppm.intergraph.com/technical-user-forums.
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph as the No. 1 overall worldwide provider of engineering solutions for plant design (process, power and marine), according to its “Engineering Design Tools for Plants and Infrastructure Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2019.”